Back in May, you devoted Bees might remember that our co-founder and CEO Jamie Stephenson was asked to participate in wellness expert Sheree Clark’s “What The Fork?” online summit, featuring other folks in the wellness community, like Jamie, sharing their personal paths toward their WHealth™ and glowing self.
More than 100 listeners were so inspired by Jamie’s come-to-juicing moments, they signed up to beecome a part of The Juice Standard’s growing Hive so they could receive our monthly newsletter (From The Humble Bee) right in their inbox.
But nowwwwww, we want to bring those very same recipes to each and every one of our beeautiful juicers. Beecause, hell, it’s July, and what
sweatier better month to stir up a few delicious, nutritious bevvies of the adult variety to enjoy with those you love? (And, natch…those who love juice!)
What follows are actual recipes—actual recipes, Bees!—served at our juicery “The Buzz” at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. Of our three Las Vegas Valley stores, The Cosmopolitan’s the only place in Las Vegas pouring a full menu of cold-pressed cocktails…a handful of luscious elixirs combining choice liquors with our cold-pressed juices and nut milks.
(Talk about up-leveling your cocktailing to something almost healthy. Wows.)
With these recipes, you can now plan your day’s next “happiest hour” with some WHealthy™ sippage on us. And for you teetotalers who really like the sound of these but want a liquor-free experience, ditch the hooch. And we should also note that these recipes feature TJS’s signature blends as mixers, so your at-home concoctions might not taste exactly like ours unless you get your hands on our bottles.
(Uptick? If you make or buy your own juice or nut milk to replace the TJS versions, you might come up with something even better.)
((We said might.))
QUEEN FOR A DAY
The Juice Standard’s combination of Bee Royal (apple, lemon, ginger…like a slightly spiced lemonade); brandy or bourbon (it’s the sipper’s choice); and enough ginger beer to make everything go down nice and tingly, reminds you of a Dark & Stormy with a side of citrus attitude. Lightly alcoholic and fully flavored, the Queen For A Day is perfect for languid hours in the surf or sun, or a night where you crave a slow and steady buzz to get your groove on.
- 4 ounces The Juice Standard’s Bee Royal (Don’t live in Nevada? Juice your own apples, lemons and ginger to your personal taste, or procure something similar from your favorite local organic juicery.)
- 1.5 ounces brandy or bourbon
- 3 ounces ginger beer
In a shaker filled with ice, combine the Bee Royal and liquor of choice and stir until combined. Strain into a 12-ounce glass filled with ice, and top with the ginger beer. Want it fancy? Garnish with candied ginger, step back and swoon.
The Happy Russian
The Juice Standard’s Bee Happy nut milk is the base of this drink that mimics the most epic chocolate milk you’ve ever had, minus the milk, and then spiked. The Bee Happy itself contains raw cashews, Brazil nuts and walnuts, as well as raw local honey, cacao, vanilla bean, pink Himalayan salt, alkaline water, and coconut water. Then, it combines with grownup liquid glee for some dreamy, creamy goodness in a glass.
- 5 ounces The Juice Standard’s Bee Happy nut milk (Note: Don’t live in Nevada? Sub in your favorite homemade or store-bought nut milk and add raw cacao powder and agave to achieve your desired choco-creaminess.)
- 1 ounce vodka
- ½ ounce Kahlua
- ¼ ounce Crème de Menthe (optional)
- In a shaker filled with ice, combine all ingredients and shake vigorously for approximately 30 seconds (this creates ice flecks in your drink that will help keep it extra cold). Then, strain and pour over ice in a glass of your choice (we like one that holds about 12 ounces).
- If you made it minty, garnish with fresh mint leaves. Don’t like-a da mint? Grab a microplane and shave dark chocolate over the top for a pretty presentation.