We here at The Humble Bee care just as much about our insides, as we do our outsides! And we know often times, our insides are affected by the things we put on our outsides. Because of this, we are always searching for natural replacements to our daily necessities! Today we offer you a an aluminum free deodorant recipe that’s easy to create & WORKS!
Aluminum is the active ingredient antiperspirants rely on to keep our underarms fresh. Unfortunately, aluminum is also a known neurotoxin that has been linked to breast cancer and neurological disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease.
(Source: Mother Earth Living – Read more: http://www.motherearthliving.com/health-and-wellness/natural-beauty/natural-deodorant-zmez14jazpit.aspx#ixzz3IPux0Hdv)
Continue reading for our easy, natural, replacement to your drugstore buy…
- ⅓c Coconut Oil
- ¼c Baking Soda
- ¼c Arrowroot powder
- 4T Cornstarch
- (Optional) 5-10 drops of your favorite essential oil(s)
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl
- Mix well
- Warm the coconut oil on a double boiler, in the sun, or in the bathroom while you're showering
- Add the coconut oil to the bowl and mix well
- Using a spoon or spatula, distribute into chosen containers